The type/category of visa and duration of stay are determined/ confirmed by the Embassy of Bangladesh in Thimphu. It depends on the purpose of visit, the length of stay and bilateral arrangement with the country of the foreign national. Any change in rules and regulations made by the Government of Bangladesh will also apply to issue visas.
General requirements for all categories of Visas:
Following documents are needed to endorse visa from the Embassy of Bangladesh:
· 1 (one) copy duly filled-in Visa-Application-Form
· 2 (two) copies of recent photographs (Size: 37mmX37mm)
· Original valid passport (valid at least for 6 months)
· Proof of payment of the required visa fee (please speak to the Consular Officer at the Embassy for category of the visa and the existing rate of exchange for your visa fee) transferred to the Embassy’s Bank Account (Embassy of Bangladesh, CD Account # 100904376, Bank of Bhutan, Thimphu Main Branch)
· Required documents to get visa of your category/type (please check required documents for your visa category)
· Self-addressed envelope with sufficient stamp for sending passport by registered post (if you want passport back by post)
Step 1: Fill up and submit the Online Visa Application Form through //www.visa.gov.bd/
Step 2: Print the completed form (with bar code at last page)
Step 3: Take/send the printed form (with photo & bar code at the last page) enclosed with required documents, proof of payment of visa fees to the Embassy. Please take/ send the online printed application form to the Embassy within 5 days of the online application submitted, otherwise your information may be deleted from the system automatically and you need to submit the application again.
The most common categories and their required documents are as follows:
|Visa Categories||Required Documents|
|Government Delegates Visa||Note Verbale from the concerned government office in original|
|Diplomatic/ Other Embassy Officials Visa||Note Verbale from the concerned Mission in original|
|UN/ International Organizations Visa||Note Verbale from the concerned Mission in original|
|Business Visa||1. Invitation letter from Bangladesh 2. Letter from the company that is sending the applicant to Bangladesh, clearly stating the purpose of the visit|
|Tourist Visa||1. Invitation letter from Dhaka with passport copy or NID copy of inviter/Hotel Booking. 2. Tentative flight itinerary|
|Investor Visa||Letter of recommendation from the Bangladesh Ministry of Industries or Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA) or Bangladesh Export Processing Zones Authority (BEPZA), Dhaka.|
|Work / Employment Visa||1. Letter of appointment from the employer in Bangladesh 2. Letter of concurrence from the concerned Ministry of Bangladesh Government/ Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA)/ Bangladesh Export Processing Zone Authority (BEPZA).|
|NGO workers’ Visa||Permission Letter from NGO Affairs Bureau, Bangladesh.|
|Expert Visa||1. Recommendation letter from BEPZA/BIDA 2. Invitation Letter from the concerned company in Bangladesh|
|Student Visa||Letter from the concerned educational institution certifying the admission and Bank statement or certificate of financial guarantee.|
|Research Visa||1. Letters from the concerned institutions of the both ends 2. Consent letter of the concerned Ministry in Bangladesh|
|Tablig Jamaat Visa||1. Letter from central Markas of the country 2. Letter from Bangladesh Tablig Markas|
|Journalist Visa||1. Filled in FF-1 and FF-2 forms. For downloading FF-1 and FF-2 forms, please click below:
FF1 & FF2.pdf
2. Photocopy of the first five pages of the passport
3. Submit original passport and necessary payment receipt, only after Embassy’s clearance
4. Flight particulars when clearance is conveyed
5. The list of equipments that the applicant requires to take along with
|Missionary Visa||Letter of appointment/recommendation from the Church and “No Objection Letter” from the Ministry of Religious Affairs, Bangladesh.|
|Spouses and dependents of all categories (except the person attending Tablig Jamaat and Tourists Visa)||Certification/necessary letter in support of their relations|
At least (07) working days except for Journalists which may take about a month. Issuance of any visa may take longer time if reference has to be made to Bangladesh for clearance. The Embassy reserves the right to accept or reject any application for visa without assigning any reasons thereof. Visa application will not be processed until all requirements are fulfilled.
· The Consular Officer may ask for an interview of the applicant and / or submission of additional information or documents.
· Any misrepresentation of facts may lead to cancellation of visa at any time.
· The Embassy is not responsible for documents lost or delayed in mail / Courier.
· For applications in person, please appear at the Embassy between 9.30 am to 12.30 pm on the working days. No application in person would be received beyond this time except in case of emergency.
Download Visa-Application-Form, please click below:
For downloading FF-1 and FF-2 forms, please click below (only for the journalists):
Please speak to the Consular Officer at the Embassy for category of the visa and the existing rate of exchange for your visa fee.