New Machine Readable Passport (MRP)
What to do to get a new passport?
Step-1: Online MRP Application:
- Fill in the online MRP Application form and submit it (when prompted). For downloading MRP Application Form please click below:
Machine Readable Passport Application Form.pdf
- Please check the spelling and accuracy of the information while filling in your application.
- Any distortion of facts may lead to cancellation of MRP at point of time.
- Please take a print out of the duly filled in and properly submitted MRP Application form (printed with barcode) and bring it during MRP enrolment at a pre-scheduled appointment time.
- Application Form printed without barcode will not be accepted.
Step-2: Booking Online Appointment:
No prior booking is required if you are applying through Bangladesh Embassy in Bhutan.
Step-3: Submission of MRP related documents:
- The applicant should come to the Embassy in person along with required documents.
- Need to submit the required documents and pay fee in cash.
- An interview may be required prior to the enrolment if any anomaly/anomalies found in the supporting documents.
- The Passport and Visa wing reserves the right to request for any additional documents at any stage for necessary scrutiny.
Step-4: Biometric Enrolment:
The applicant should keep in mind that actual time for biometric enrollment may vary depending upon various factors. Usually, you should plan for 1-2 hours to complete the biometric procedure.
- Applicant’s finger prints, signature on the electronic pad and photograph will be taken at the bio-enrolment booth.
- During your enrolment you will be provided with a proof copy of your passport information. Please check the accuracy of the information carefully since these will be reflected in your passport. The Embassy shall not be responsible for any such mistakes.
- The original passport will be verified here and returned to the applicant along with a delivery slip.
- The applicant should retain the delivery slip carefully without which MRP will not be delivered. If lost, a police report is mandatory to collect the MRP.
Step-5: MRP processing time and delivery of passport:
MRP Processing Time:
- Normally an MRP is ready for delivery within 40-45 days from the date of enrolment. However, due to police verification and inaccuracy of the information provided by the applicant, it may take a longer time than it is expected.
- An auto generated delivery date appears on the delivery slip. Please ignore this date of delivery.
How to Collect:
- Once the passport is received by this Embassy from the DIP/Dhaka, a text message will be sent to applicant to collect the passport.
- Upon receiving the text, the applicant should come to the Embassy in person in any working day between 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm (Monday-Friday)
- Applicants are requested to come along with old passport, delivery slip and any other documents if specified by the enrolment official.
- MRP will be handed over together with the old passport (with necessary observation seal).
If applicant doesn’t come and send anybody to collect the Passport in favour of the applicant, it is necessary to send an authrisation of the applicant. Without authorisation with proper signature, no passport will be delivered.
- a) Printed copy of duly filled in Online MRP application form and signed accordingly.
- b) Bangladeshi national ID card or 17- digit Birth Certificate including a photocopy.
- c) Existing Bangladesh passport along with photocopy (page1-7).
- d) Photograph:
For every applicant
Recent passport-size photograph (55X45 mm) with white background
If the applicant is a child under the age of 15
Parents’ photographs should be affixed on the application form
Child up to the age of 6
One extra photograph is also required for photo scanning.
NB: Who do not have a 17-digit Birth Certificate should obtain the same from their respective City Corporation, Municipality or Union Council in Bangladesh prior to initiating their MRP application. This Embassy may also process the Birth Registration for those who are not in a position to obtain the same from Bangladesh. This Birth Certificate would be delivered along with the MRP.