Ambassador Shib Nath Roy was born on 01 July, 1963 in the district of Gopalganj. In his student life, he stood 15th and 17th place in the SSC and HSC examinations in Dhaka Board. Then he studied BSS (Hons.) and MSS in Economics from the University of Dhaka. He started his career in the Bangladesh Civil Service (Administration) on 20 December 1989 and served in different high level positions of the Government of Bangladesh. He joined to the Bangladesh Embassy in Thimphu, Bhutan on 02 December 2022.
- Director General (Additional Secretary), Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Oct 2021-June 2022).
- Additional Secretary, Ministry of Industries, (Nov 2020-Oct 2021)
- Inspector General, Department of Inspection for Factories and Establishment (March 2019-Nov 2020), Ministry of Labour and Employment.
- Director General, Department of Labour (Dec 2017-March 2019), Ministry of Labour and Employment.
- Director General (Legal Affairs and Coordination Wing), Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Nov 2016-Dec 2017).
- Joint Secretary, Economic Relations Division(ERD) (July 2015-Aug 2016), Ministry of Finance.
- Secretary, National Sports Council (Sep 2013-July 2015), Ministry of Youth and Sports.
- Private Secretary to the Hon’ble State Minister, Ministry of Youth & Sports (Jan 2009-July 2013).
- Deputy Director, National Housing Authority (June 2007-Jan 2009), Ministry of Housing and Public Works.
- Deputy Director, National Nutrition Project, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (June 2006-Dec 2006).
- Upazila Nirbahi Officer (UNO), Senbug, Noakhali (Jan 2005-June 2006); Upazila Nirbahi Officer (UNO), Digholia, Khulna (July 2001-Jan 2005)
- Senior Assistant Commissioner, DC Office, Natore (July 1997-June 2001); Assistant Commissioner (Land), Lalpur, Natore (Aug 1996-July1997); Assistant Commissioner(Land), Parbatipur, Dinajpur (Oct 1992 - Aug 1996); Assistant Commissioner, DC Office, Dinajpur (Jan 1990-Oct 1992), Assistant Commissioner, Divisional Commissioner’s Office, Rajshahi (20 Dec 1989 – 31 Dec 1989).
Award and Recognition
Mr. Shib Nath Roy received National Integrity Award in 2019-20 from the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh.
- 15th Policy, Planning & Management (PPM) Course, at Bangladesh Public Administration Training Center (BPATC), Savar, Dhaka: From 12 November 2017 to 23 November 2017.
- Professional Development Program in the United States of America (USA): From 16 May 2017 to 28 May 2017.
- 76th Senior Staff Course, at Bangladesh Public Administration Training Center (BPATC), Savar, Dhaka: From 17 April 2016 to 31 May 2016.
- Survey and Settlement Training at DTE of Land Records and Survey : From 15 August 1993 14 December 1993.
- BCS Orientation Course 17th), Bangladesh Military Academy Training, Bhatiary, Chattogram : From 15 September 1990 to 18 October 1990.
- Special Foundation Course (11TH) at Bangladesh Public Administration Training Center (BPATC), Savar, Dhaka: From 05 May 1990 to 03 July 1990.
Foreign Visits for Official Purposes and Training
He visited for official purposes and trainings to India, Nepal, Japan, China, South Korea, Vietnam, Singapore, Maldives, Australia, New Zealand, UAE, Qatar, Iran, Russia, Greece, Turkey, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, France, England, Scotland, Denmark, Sweden and USA.
Personal interests and family:
Mr. Shib Nath Roy has special interest in sports, music and reading.
He is married to Mrs. Mallika Roy Shanta. Mrs. Roy was a Lecturer in Physics. They are blessed with three sons. The eldest son Dr. Soumen Roy Sourav completed his MBBS and now pursuing his Doctorate of Medicine (MD) in Pediatrics at AIMS, New Delhi with Indian Government's Scholarship; the second son Dr. Shuvro Roy Shovan completed his MBBS and now pursuing his Doctorate of Medicine (MD) in Anesthesia & Intensive Care Unit in PGIMER, Chandigarh with Indian Government's Scholarship; and the youngest son Ankon Roy Abir is studying HSC in Saint Joseph High School and College in Dhaka.
Ambassador Mr. Roy greets you all and seeks supports and cooperation from all of you.